Residential Maternity Home
What is Angels’ Cove?
Angels’ Cove provides resources for pregnant women and their children. Services include residential housing, prenatal care provided by SSM Good Samaritan Hospital, parenting education, counseling, family care, aftercare, and spiritual opportunities. Mothers of all ages at any point during their pregnancy are eligible for the program. Acceptance to the Angels’ Cove Maternity Care program is based upon our ability to meet the applicant’s needs and her willingness to abide by the program.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I SCHEDULE AN INITIAL INTERVIEW?
Call our office @ 618-382-4164 and application information will be provided to you. Upon completion of the application, an interview will be scheduled.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE INITIAL INTERVIEW?
- We will explain our program to you
- You will tour the cottage (Resident’s living area)
- We will listen to what led you to seek residency at Angels’ Cove
WILL I HAVE MY OWN ROOM?
Our goal is to provide individual rooms, but depending on the number of residents we are serving, you might be asked to share a room.
WHAT CAN I BRING?
- Small personal items to personalize your room
- Personal clothing, make-up, and toiletries
- Small TV ( 30” or smaller), laptop, cell phone, IPad, DVD player, DVDs
- Ear buds/headphones for use with these items
WHAT IS PROVIDED FOR MY ROOM?
- Dressers and a lockable closet
- Alarm clock
- Radio/CD player
- Toiletries (shampoo, etc.)
- Clothes hamper
WHAT DOES THE TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE?
- Day starts according to your individual needs (i.e. school, work, program)
- Scheduled tasks will be determined by your individual service plan
- Curfews are set for children and adults and will be discussed at interview
ARE CHORES REQUIRED?
- Personal rooms are checked daily for cleanliness
- Daily and weekly chores will be assigned
- You will be assigned a personal laundry day
WHAT ABOUT FOOD?
- You will prepare your breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Everyone takes turns preparing dinner which will be served family style with everyone eating at the table together
WHAT TYPE OF MEDICAL CARE WILL I RECEIVE?
- We will assist you in locating local providers for OB/GYN, dental, and vision care
- You will transfer WIC and medical card to this county
WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO A PHONE and WIFI?
- There is a house phone provided for your use for family and friends to contact you if you do not have a cell phone
- WiFi is available for your use
CAN I DRIVE MY OWN CAR?
- Vehicle insurance and registration must be current
- Valid driver’s license must be current
WHAT ABOUT EDUCATION?
- Minors will attend school according to Illinois education laws
- All non-minor residents who have not completed high school will be required to attend GED classes
- Continuing college education is encouraged
WHAT ABOUT EMPLOYMENT?
- Residents will seek employment, education or volunteer work based on individual service plans
- House parents will assist you with resources, job search and transportation
WHAT ABOUT CHURCH?
- You are expected to participate in Bible study
- Everyone, including the house parents, will attend a Baptist church together on Sunday morning and evening
- Those who participate in different faiths will have an opportunity to attend additional services
- At no time will church membership be required
WHAT ABOUT AFTER DELIVERY?
- Your post-partum recovery will be in accordance with discharge instructions from medical providers
- Your individual service plan will address other options
WHAT IF I HAVE OTHER CHILDREN?
- Your dependent children can reside with you at Angels’ Cove
- You are responsible for the care and well being of your dependent children
- You must secure child care when needed
CAN I VISIT FAMILY AND FRIENDS?
- Guests are welcome according to cottage visiting guidelines
- Visits off site may be done in accordance with your individual service plan
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO LIVE AT ANGELS’ COVE?
- $50 fee per month
- Saving 30% of all income is required