Baptist Children’s Home & Family Services
Work With Us
BCHFS Employment Opportunities
Baptist Children’s Home and Family Services (BCHFS) is a Christ-centered organization seeking servant-minded people who are seeking a great mission career opportunity! Compensation is based on position and experience. Eligible employees are offered a benefit package which may include insurance (medical, dental, vision, and life), retirement plan, paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
To apply for a position at Baptist Children’s Home and Family Services:
Read Statement of Belief and job description.
Download and complete an BCHFS employment application.
Send your completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in joining our team? Click on the position listing to see the job description and requirements.
Regionally based to serve as the liaison and proponent for BCHFS to Baptist churches and Associations–responsible for identifying and cultivating both new and current investors for the ministry of BCHFS.
- To cultivate church relationships through visits to churches, pastors and Directors of Missions within a particular region.
- To visit major individual investors and prospects for the purpose of cultivating new gifts, repeat gifts and planned giving promotion.
- To promote the ministry of BCHFS by speaking to churches and other groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree
- Experience: several years experience in Southern Baptist denominational work, preferably in Illinois. Fundraising, sales-marketing, public relations experience preferred.
Pathways Regional Manager
Provide quality social services to children and families within the designated area of service delivery and assist the Director of Clinical Services in supervising the utilization of physical, human, and financial resources necessary to do the work.
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited school of social work or related human services field with a minimum of three (3) years of work experience with children, adults, and families. Two (2) years of administrative experience are required.
- Must be licensed in the State of Illinois as a LCSW or LCPC.
- Must agree to and serve under BCHFS Statement of Beliefs and Values.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
The location of the position is determined at the time of employment and is included in the employment letter. Some travel will be expected.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in the theory and practice of individual, group, and family therapy.
- Build and maintain referral and other relationships with general public, social service agencies, Illinois Baptist churches, and other denominational units for the benefit of children and families Baptist Children’s Home, and Illinois Baptist State Association.
- Provide social services to children and families on a referral basis; i.e., crisis intervention, individual and family counseling, follow-up services, intake and referral to BCH and maternity programs, adoptive and foster care supervision.
- Assist the Director of Clinical Services in developing long-range, strategic plans in service areas; recommend annual program and budget; administer approved plans and budget.
- Supervise volunteers and educational field placements as needed.
- Maintain service delivery data within assigned region and reports monthly to the Director of Clinical Services.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- To provide licensed supervision for unlicensed therapists.
Licensed Counselor - Metro East Outpatient Location
Masters level Licensed Counselor in our Metro-East outpatient location. Applicant should have experience providing counseling to individuals, couples, and families. The position offers flexibility working with a team of supportive and skilled professionals.
Education: Masters Degree
1. Credentials: LCPC, LCSW, LMFT, or equivalent, will consider LPC
2. Experience: Counselor should have experience providing counseling to individuals, couples, and families.
Houseparents - Carmi Campus
Position Title: Houseparents
Position Location: Baptist Children’s Home, Carmi Campus
Provide Christian guidance and supervision to youths in a group home setting. The Carmi campus treats youths ages 12-18 years old, who have experienced trauma and/or are experiencing issues at home and/or school. This position would require living on campus during your shifts. The houseparents serve the residents in a family environment to promote student/houseparent bonding. Shifts are 7 days on 7 days off. This is a full-time position with benefits which include insurance and housing. On-campus, off-duty housing is included in the benefits package. However, Houseparents may choose to live in their own accommodations off-campus during their scheduled time off.
Must be 21+
Have a high school diploma/GED
Have a valid Driver’s License
Married husband and wife
- Serves as the primary caregiver to assigned children in care.
- Provides supervision, both on an individual and group basis, to assigned children in care.
- Provides spiritual guidance and serves as a good Christian Role Model.
- Establishes structure in the cottages that enable the children to learn responsibilities, self-regulation, and to become functioning members of the cottage.
- Generates an atmosphere that helps the child feel accepted and respected as a group member.
- Provides encouragement and participation in school activities, assistance with homework, and educational planning and contact with teachers by serving as a mentor and coach for children in care.
- Encourages children to plan, set, and achieve personal goals and provides positive direction for children in care.
- Maintains a safe home environment.
- Provides transportation for children to events, including but not limited to school, work, church, and medical appointments.
House Mother - Angels' Cove - Mt. Vernon
To fulfill the mission of BCHFS and provide a Christ-centered residential
home and needed support services resulting in positive life changes for young women who are
experiencing an unplanned pregnancy.
The position is a 7 consecutive day live-in position with the following 7 consecutive days off
duty. The position is full-time and eligible for benefits.
The position will be supervised by the Maternity Programs Manager.
Position Location: The position will be located at Angels’ Cove Cottage in Mt. Vernon, IL.
- Attend a local Illinois Baptist State associating church each Sunday with residents.
- Maintain a high level of expertise and guidance in the theory and practice of maternal-child
- Daily serve, support, love and supervise young women, modeling a healthy, spiritual, and
- Set and maintain healthy boundaries and loving relationships for residents within a family
- Have a vision for life-change and positive transformation for each resident.
- Build and maintain reciprocal relationships with the community, social service agencies, and
church units for the benefit of residents.
- Maintain residential facilities, including cleanliness.
- Manage resources to provide high quality care within approved budget.
- Provide for daily needs of residents: food, clothing, shelter, transportation, etc.
Implement Bible studies in the home.
- Administer medications and maintain a daily log for each resident.
- Prepare and follow the cottage schedule and assist residents in following the schedule.
- Document daily progress or notes in electronic record system.
- Provide thorough information during shift change so oncoming shift can best meet the
needs of residents.
- Perform fire and tornado drills as required.
- Obtain appropriate food sanitation credentials as required.
- Interact with the residents and help them, when needed, in completing tasks.
Interact with volunteers and donors as requested.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, and special functions.
- Coordinate and supervise volunteer work activities: mentoring, crafts, special classes, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum level of high school diploma or GED and 21 years of age or older.
- Capable of providing leadership and spiritual guidance to each of the residents according to
her specific needs.
- Ability to recognize natural teaching opportunities and act upon them.
- Physically able to fulfill all responsibilities of the position.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Meets and maintains all State, Licensure, and Agency eligibility requirements to drive
residents and possess required State Driver licensure endorsements.
BCHFS is seeking houseparents to serve on an “as-needed basis” to help cover vacations and days off for the primary houseparents.
Statement of Belief
- We value and affirm life from conception to natural death.
- We believe that children should live in a safe and stable home environment and should be given the opportunity to thrive with loving parents.
- We offer residential care, when needed, which nurtures the whole child – physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- We work to strengthen the family unit and build family and community supports with the goal of reunification of the family.
- We promote life through alternatives to abortion including residential care for pregnant women, life-skills training and Christian counseling, and/or adoption as set out below.
- We believe that marriage is ordained by God and revealed in the Bible to be a covenant relationship between one man (biologically male at birth) and one woman (biologically female at birth).
- We serve Christian, heterosexual-married couples (meaning of opposite biological gender at birth) in our adoption ministry and services, including those services we offer in support to outside adoption providers.
- When we cannot assist through our Christian ministry programs, we offer referral assistance to outside agencies.
- We offer all our services regardless of ability to pay and regardless of racial or ethnic backgrounds.
BCHFS Employment Application Form Download
For an online fillable application, please send an email request to email@example.com and an online fillable copy will be sent to you.
SEND RESUME AND APPLICATION TO:
BCHFS Human Resources
Phone: (618) 382-4164 ext. 1111
BAPTIST CHILDREN’S HOME & FAMILY SERVICES
Attn: Employment Applications
949 County Road 1300 N
Carmi, Illinois 62821
Why Choose Us?
We are mission minded!
Our mission is to provide Christ-centered services that protect, heal, and restore hurting children and families. As part of our team, you will join in the mission to serve individuals in crisis situations and help them find hope through the love of Christ.
Full-time employees of the BCHFS are eligible for employee benefits. Benefits may include paid vacation, sick days, and holidays; insurance (medical, dental, vision, and life). Residential Houseparents in either the Baptist Children’s Home – Carmi location, or Angels’ Cove -Mt. Vernon Location are live-in opportunities that provide housing to the employee. Off duty living quarters available but houseparents are not required to stay on campus during their off time.
Carmi is located in the southeastern portion of Illinois. The City of Carmi has a great informational website that introduces you to the community if you are not familiar with it. http://www.cityofcarmi.org/small-town-living/
Even though Carmi is rurally located, major cities and all the accompanying amenities are less than 3 hours away.
- Evansville, Indiana is 50 miles to the east, and is the largest city in Southern Indiana with a population of over 100,000. It has all the amenities of shopping, entertainment, and family activities when you are looking for a day trip.
- St Louis, Missouri is approximately 2 hours to the west.
- Indianapolis, Indiana is approximately 3 hours to the northeast.
- Nashville, Tennessee is approximately 3 hours south.
Carmi is located within 50 miles of the Shawnee National Forest with camping, hiking, rock climbing, kayaking, fishing, horseback riding, and much more. https://www.enjoyillinois.com/explore/listing/shawnee-national-forest