Baptist Children’s Home & Family Services
Work With Us
BCHFS Employment Opportunities
Interested in joining our team? Employment opportunities are listed below.
Click on each to view the position details.
Director of Development and Marketing
BCHFS is excited to be working with DB&A Executive Search & Recruitment to help us find an exceptional leader for this role. For more information regarding this position, please follow this link:
PRN (As Needed) Houseparents
BCHFS is seeking houseparents to serve on an “as needed basis” to help cover vacations and days off for the primary houseparents.
Full Time Houseparent
Position Title: Houseparent/Relief Houseparent
Position Summary: Provide custodial care for children in a Christian environment.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in the theory and practice of residential child care and guidance.
- Collect information and feedback regarding the needs/wants of users of child care services; use this information in planning and evaluation
- Develop and maintain positive behavior management, spiritual guidance, and educational and social support systems for residents; keep accurate records of progress, report progress as requested.
- Build and maintain reciprocal relationships with community, social service agencies, and denominational units for the benefit of residents.
- Maintain assigned residential facilities, including buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Manage resources to provide high quality care within approved budget.
- Provide for daily needs of residents: food, clothing, shelter, transportation, etc.
- Perform special tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED.
Registered Nurse (RN) - GraceHaven Pregnancy Resource Clinic
Position Title: Registered Nurse
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Site Manager, the Registered Nurse is responsible for medical care provided in the clinic that includes pregnancy testing, limited ultrasounds, education, and follow up to support client needs. The Registered Nurse consults with the Site Manager, Medical Director, and Patient Advocates to deliver care to the patients.
Position Location: This position will be located at the clinic in Mt. Vernon, IL.
- Perform Pregnancy testing
- Referrals as needed for social services and/or medical care
- STI testing and treatment as prescribed by Medical Director
- Patient education
- Perform limited obstetrical ultrasounds, once certified
- Maintain nurse’s station, ultrasound room, exam room is kept clean and organized
- Prepare order for medical supplies and solutions and give to site manager
- Work in conjunction with patient advocates and other staff to ensure good medical, nursing and psychosocial care for patients
- Timely compliance with input and maintenance of patient’s clinical records, as well as medical logs
- Support the Site Manager to ensure compliance of all licensure issues
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Add to and improve professional skills by attending relevant professional education classes with approval of Site Manager
- Maintain certification and license for RN clinical role
- Knowledge and adherence to RN scope of practice
- Assist with volunteer in-service training as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Evaluation will be annually in the following key areas:
- Provision of quality care for clients
- Maintenance of certification and RN license
- Meeting responsibilities listed above
- Acceptance of supervision and feedback
- Operate within the program design and all agency policies and procedures
- Current Illinois RN License
- Passionate about working in a faith-based, Christian ministry whose services are free
- Aligned with organizational mission and values
- Knowledge of obstetrical and gynecological care preferred
- Good oral and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Possess a valid State of Illinois Driver’s License
- Meets and maintains all State, Licensure, and Agency eligibility requirements to drive residents and possess required State Driver licensure endorsements
BCHFS Employment Application Form Download
SEND RESUME AND APPLICATION TO:
BCHFS Human Resources
Phone: (618) 382-4164
BAPTIST CHILDREN’S HOME & FAMILY SERVICES
Attn: Employment Applications
949 County Road 1300 N
Carmi, Illinois 62821