Baptist Children’s Home & Family Services
Work With Us
BCHFS Employment Opportunities
Interested in joining our team? Employment opportunities are listed below.
Click on each to view the position details.
Director of Development and Marketing
BCHFS is excited to be working with DB&A Executive Search & Recruitment to help us find an exceptional leader for this role. For more information regarding this position, please follow this link:
PRN (As Needed) Houseparents
BCHFS is seeking houseparents to serve on an “as needed basis” to help cover vacations and days off for the primary houseparents.
Full Time Houseparent
Position Title: Houseparent/Relief Houseparent
Position Summary: Provide custodial care for children in a Christian environment.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in the theory and practice of residential child care and guidance.
- Collect information and feedback regarding the needs/wants of users of child care services; use this information in planning and evaluation
- Develop and maintain positive behavior management, spiritual guidance, and educational and social support systems for residents; keep accurate records of progress, report progress as requested.
- Build and maintain reciprocal relationships with community, social service agencies, and denominational units for the benefit of residents.
- Maintain assigned residential facilities, including buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Manage resources to provide high quality care within approved budget.
- Provide for daily needs of residents: food, clothing, shelter, transportation, etc.
- Perform special tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED.
Counselor/Case Manager - Angels' Cove
Position Summary: Provide quality social services to clients and families in the maternity program
(residential/in‐home) of Baptist Children’s Home & Family Services.
The position is a 35.5‐hour work week with a required non‐paid daily lunch hour of one
hour per day. Evening and weekend work may be occasionally required. Occasional
travel may also be required. The position is salaried exempt with a salary pay grade 7.
Position Location: This position is located at Angels’ Cove in Mt. Vernon.
1. Process all referrals provided by Intake Coordinator:
•Review all referral information.
• Coordinate with Intake Coordinator regarding openings.
• Conduct pre‐placement interviews.
• Maintain phone contact/home visit with applicants who are awaiting placement as
• Coordinate intake with house‐parent.
• Maintain all referral data in a professional manner within Best Notes system.
2. Provide counseling and case management services to clients.
• Provide individual counseling/case management to clients in maternity center a minimum
of weekly, being available for other interventions as needed.
• Explore available options for the client and her child/children.
• Provide group work on topics designated in program curriculum.
• Provide after care services for residents upon discharge.
• Maintain complete and accurate files per DCFS standards.
3. Care Coordination with staff.
• Work with house‐parents and transportation staff to coordinate care and progress for
• Maintain staff coverage in cottages.
• Provide house parent coverage if needed.
• Provide child advocacy services for children in care.
4. Work as a team member with house‐parents and other professional staff.
• Provide consultation services to child care staff.
• Provide crisis intervention services.
• Participate in all staff or team meetings.
• Complete all agency required trainings annually.
5. Build and maintain reciprocal relationships with other agencies important to the
care of clients and their families.
• Assist client in securing appropriate education services.
• Maintain positive rapport with community resources.
• Maintain relationship with existing services and develop new.
• Become familiar with new services as they become available.
1. Master’s in social work or human services preferred, Bachelors required.
2. Passionate about working in a faith‐based, Christian ministry whose services are free.
3. Aligned with organizational mission and values.
4. Good oral and interpersonal skills.
5. Good computer skills.
6. Ability to work with a diverse population.
7. Possess a valid State of Illinois Driver’s License.
8. Meets and maintains all Agency eligibility requirements to drive residents and possess required
State Driver licensure endorsements.
BCHFS Employment Application Form Download
SEND RESUME AND APPLICATION TO:
Melinda Bratcher, Administrative Assistant
Phone: (618) 382-4164, ext. 1111
BAPTIST CHILDREN’S HOME & FAMILY SERVICES
Attn: Employment Applications
949 County Road 1300 N
Carmi, Illinois 62821